The Texas Burlesque Festival is a three-day hoedown and showdown celebrating the raucous revival of burlesque, vaudeville and the accompanying et cetera. Aimed at (but not exclusive to) the regional, national and international community of ecdysiasts, this weekend overflows with opportunities to refine your bump and grind including parties, a roundtable/brunch, workshops and performances.
Since its inception, the Texas Burlesque Festival has been an unprecedented success, busting at the seams with amazing Burlesque, Vaudeville and Cabaret performers from all over the nation and abroad, and playing to sold out audiences. We anticipate this year being no different!
Texas Burlesque Fest celebrates the renaissance of all performances burlesque, cabaret and vaudeville in nature and strives to foster a supportive community among performers in Texas and across the United States and the world through networking and professional performance opportunities. Founded in 2007, the Texas Burlesque festival is now one of the oldest festivals in the world! Pack your pistols and pasties—it’s gonna be a wild ride!
Texas Burlesque Festival celebrates the renaissance of burlesque and vaudeville and strives to foster a supportive community among performers across the United States through networking and performance opportunities.
- To enable networking among burlesque performers
- To develop connections between the blossoming Texas burlesque community and existing communities in other regions of the U.S. and abroad
- To provide a venue for burlesque and vaudeville performers from across Texas, the nation and beyond to celebrate their art forms and inspire each other through performance
- To promote the art and entertainment of burlesque to audiences in Austin, Texas, and the rest of Texas by putting first-class burlesque on stage!
About the Showcases
Texas Burlesque Fest will showcase performers on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Performance slots will be filled on a first come first serve basis! The earlier you apply the better chance you have of performing! The best 16 applications will be chosen for the Saturday Night Awards Showcase and will be held at our new venue, The Paramount Theatre! Participants will be eligible for honors such as the following:
Thursday and Friday
Best in Show – Lone Stars and Garters Audience Choice Award
Winners will be awarded a slot in the Saturday Night showcase and MUST perform the same routine.
- Best Soloist – King or Queen of TXBF
- Best Ensemble (includes duets/trios/any number with more than one performer)
- Most Original
- Best Costume
- Best Tease Factor
- Best Novelty (includes aerial/pole/misc. large prop pieces)
Performers can choose to opt out of the competition, with no affect on the eligibility to be selected to perform.