Performers! We are continuing to use our easy, online application again this year. It is a three-step process that requires you to:
- Read the application instructions
- Fill out and submit your application
- Submit your application payment (each submission requires payment)
Early Registration – October 1st – December 31st 2016
Late Registration – January 1st – January 15th 2017
All Accepted Applicants will be notified on or before January 31st 2017
2017 Application Fees
Early Registration – $35.00 (+ $2 processing fee) Oct1- December 31 2017
Late Registration – $50.00 (+ $2 processing fee) Jan1 – Jan 15 2017
Please note: You must be 18 years of age or older to apply and be able to provide proof of age if requested. All materials submitted become the property of TXBF.
The Texas Burlesque Festival is no longer accepting performer applications for its tenth annual raucous three-day hoedown & showdown celebrating all things burlesque/cabaret!
Thursday & Friday April 6-7,2017 Stateside Theatre
Saturday April 8, 2017 The Paramount Theatre (http://www.austintheatre.org)
The festival is aimed at the regional, national as well as international community of ecdysiasts. This will be a great opportunity for a selected number of performers to showcase their bump and grind skills including parties, a performer brunch/roundtable, competition performances and workshops.
We are proud to announce our featured performers for this very special 10th anniversary year: Reunion of Festival Creators Kitty Kitty Bang Bang, Mod Carousel, Lola Frost and Nikita Bitch Project. This year’s Legend was also one of the first we hosted: Tiffany Carter and our own queen of the tease Coco Lectric. And of course, MC Cora Vette returns!
We will feature competitions in the following categories, but performers can of opt out of the competitions on any night, just state so on your app- it will NOT affect your selection chances!
Thursday and Friday Nights
- Best in Show – Lone Stars and Garters Audience Choice
Saturday Night awards in the following categories
- Best Soloist – King or Queen of TXBF
- Best Ensemble (includes duets/trios/any number with more than one performer)
- Most Original
- Best Costume
- Best Tease Factor
- Best Novelty (includes aerial/pole/misc. large prop pieces)
* Applications are now available online with a $37 early, $52 late application fee (this includes a $2 processing fee). We have a fully integrated application process, which includes the payment link inside the app! Applications must be filled out entirely and will not be considered until fees have been received.
* Submission deadlines – Early registration October 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016, Late Registration January 1-15,2017 and all applicants will be notified on or before January 31, 2017 if they have been accepted or declined.
Since its inception, the Texas Burlesque Festival has been an unprecedented success, busting at the seams with amazing Burlesque, Vaudeville and Cabaret performers from all over the nation and abroad, and playing to sold out audiences. We anticipate this year being no different, especially in our new venues: The Stateside and the Paramount Theatres!
Texas Burlesque Fest celebrates the renaissance of all performances burlesque, cabaret and vaudeville in nature and strives to foster a supportive community among performers in Texas and across the United States and the World through networking and professional performance opportunities. Pack your pistols and pasties—it’s gonna be a wild ride!
Additional Information, Application Questions and Media Relations
Co-Producer and Talent Coordinator
Performer Liaison for Lodging/Transportation