The Texas Burlesque Festival returns May 30th – June 2nd, 2024 in Austin!
Texas Burlesque Festival is now accepting performer applications for its 17th annual raucous hoedown & showdown celebrating all things burlesque/cabaret. 2024 dates are Thurs May 30th Kick Butt Coffee Opening night party/performance and Friday and Saturday May 31 – June 1st at The Rollins Theater in The Long Center featuring an Audience Choice Competition.
The festival is presented by Texas Burlesque Productions – a Texas Not For Profit Corporation that celebrates the renaissance of all performances burlesque, cabaret and vaudeville in nature and strives to foster a supportive community among performers in Texas and across the United States and the World through networking and professional performance opportunities. Get ready for some real Texas hospitality!
The Texas Burlesque Festival is aimed at the local, regional, national as well as international community of burlesque artists. This will be a great opportunity for a limited number of selected performers to showcase their bump and grind skills at a weekend featuring audience choice and in-house performer awards, workshops, parties, and a performer brunch/round table with our Legend on Sunday June 2nd. Headliners and Legend TBA soon!
Be a part of an impressive cast! Texas Burlesque Festival is becoming a little more selective, with only 6 slots for the opening night event and 12 performance spots per night Friday and Saturday! We’re looking for an amazing mix of solos, duets, trios, and ensembles to fill each showcase. Fri/Sat Performers may opt out of the competition each night without it affecting their application status.
Due to the generous support of our lead sponsor Forbidden Fruit, and receipt of a City of Austin Cultural Arts grant, all acts chosen to perform will be receive a $125 stipend* and can attend the workshop taught by our headliner on Saturday and Sunday Legends and Headliner Brunch for free! We will be doing in-house performer awards again! These fun and frivolous categories voted on by your peers will be presented at the brunch.
Starting this year, in a commitment to making the festival more inclusive and financially accessible to ALL performers, especially those of marginalized groups who historically have had to navigate extra obstacles to their success, TXBF has a FREE application period!
September 16 – 30, 2023 – NO APPLICATION FEE!
October 1 – December 31, 2023 – $25
January 1 – 31, 2024 – $35
- During the free application period, please submit only one application per solo performer or group/duet, please.
- Soloists may also submit as part of a group number/duet in addition to a solo performance.
- After the free submission period ends, application fee will apply to every number submitted.
- Application fees are due at time of submission.
- Performers experiencing economic hardship can request a fee deferral or waiver by emailing email@example.com.
All applicants will be notified on or before March 1, 2024, if they have been accepted or declined.
We currently cannot accept aerial or fire acts.
*$125 stipend per number not per individual performer
Applications must be filled out entirely and will not be considered until fees have been received (as applicable).
- Read the application instructions
- Fill out and submit your application
- Submit your application payment if needed
- Early Application: September 16 – 30, 2023 – NO APPLICATION FEE!
- Standard Application: October 1 – December 31, 2023 – $25
- Late Application: January 1 – 31, 2024 – $35