The Texas Burlesque Festival is a two-day hoedown and showdown celebrating the raucous revival of burlesque, vaudeville and the accompanying et cetera. Aimed at (but not exclusive to) the regional, national and international community of ecdysiasts, this weekend overflows with opportunities to refine your bump and grind including parties, a roundtable/brunch, workshops and performances.
The Texas Burlesque Festival is pleased to announce the formation of Texas Burlesque Productions- a Texas Not For Profit Corporation which celebrates the renaissance of all performances burlesque, cabaret and vaudeville in nature , with an emphasis on the diverse and eclectic nature of the art form and it’s performers, and strives to foster a supportive community among those performers in Texas, across the United States and the World through networking, educational and professional performance opportunities. Texas Burlesque Productions is now the producer of the Texas Burlesque Festival! Founded in 2007, the Texas Burlesque festival is now one of the oldest festivals in the world! Pack your pantaloons and pasties —it’s gonna be a wild ride!
- To enable networking among burlesque performers
- To develop connections between the blossoming Texas burlesque community and existing communities in other regions of the U.S. and abroad
- To provide a venue for burlesque and vaudeville performers from across Texas, the nation and beyond to celebrate their art forms and inspire each other through performance
- To promote the art and entertainment of burlesque to audiences in Austin, Texas, and the rest of Texas by putting first-class burlesque on stage!
About the Showcases
Texas Burlesque Fest will showcase performers on Friday and Saturday nights. Performance slots will be filled on a first come first serve basis! The earlier you apply the better chance you have of performing! Participants will be eligible for honors such as the following:
- Best in Show – Lone Stars and Garters Audience Choice Award
Winners will be awarded a slot in the Saturday Night showcase and MUST perform the same routine.
- Best Soloist – King or Queen of TXBF
- Best Ensemble (includes duets/trios/any number with more than one performer)
- Most Original
- Best Costume
- Best Tease Factor
Performers can choose to opt out of the competition, with no affect on the eligibility to be selected to perform.
At this time TXBF does not allocate a performance slot or budget for a “step down” performance by the Best Solo/Queen or King of the previous years festival. However, if this performer would like to attend and perform a routine of their choosing, at their own expense, TXBF will be happy to have them perform as part of the Saturday night showcase.